We would like to commend our residents for their outstanding recycling efforts! As most of you have been spending more time at home, you have obviously been making more waste. But we are happy to report that you are also recycling more. From what we have seen, our resident’s recyclables have tripled since our stay at home order was issued in March! We want to thank you all for your continued support and commitment to making our program a success!
If any of you are looking for additional ways that you can support our environment during these times, here are a few ideas.
- Reusable insulated cups work much better than disposable ones at keeping your drinks colder for longer.
- Try using reusable straws for your summer drinks.
- Check out the bottles and cans of your sunscreen and bug spray, many of those are made from aluminum and can be recycled!
- Since big backyard BBQ’s aren’t happening quite yet, try swapping out paper products for washable dishes, silverware and napkins.
- Remember to reference our Yes or No flyer for what items can be recycled in the Village.
- If you are unsure if an item is recyclable, its best to throw it away so you don’t contaminate a whole truck load of recyclables.
We are disappointed that we will not be seeing so many of you this summer, but we want you to know that we are still here for any questions or concerns you have about recycling in the Village. Please feel free to contact our Recycling Coordinator at email@example.com We hope to see you all when it is possible, stay safe and keep up the great work!